As the old saying goes, good things come in small packages! This craft is a great way to build up the excitement for the holiday season with little gifts for your child(ren) every day. Since the socks are small, inexpensive items such as toy cars, hair bows, and candy work perfectly! What’s more fun is allowing your child(ren) to pick the socks and help build their own Advent calendar. Happy Holidays!
24 Socks (12 pairs)
- Gather 12 pairs of socks in Christmas-y colors that go well together. You can vary the sizes if you would like. Lay the socks out in the order you want to hang them, leaving space in between each.
- Cut ribbon to the desired length to find how long it should be by measuring across the row of socks and adding 12 inches (the ribbon in the picture is 72 inches).
- Use number stickers to label each sock. Solid colored stickers work best on busy patterns. Place the number on top of the sock so it’s easier to find.
- Adhere the ends of the ribbon to a railing or mantle. Fasten the ribbon in several places to make a few swags.
- Use mini clothespins to clip the socks to the ribbon – overlap them if you need to save space.
- Tuck away small gifts inside each sock, such as a piece of candy or a gift card. One gift inside each.