As summer winds down and the crisp, cool wind of Autumn begins to blow (unless you live in the South). We are, again, looking for recipes to help us enjoy the last fruits of the season and satisfy our need for comfort foods. This Foodie Friday brings you a Peach Almond Crisp, courtesy of “The View from Great Island” blog, the perfect way to combine these needs and wants. It is naturally gluten free and easily made vegan by substituting vegan butter.
Peach and Almond Crisp (gluten free)
Yield: serves 4
- 5 or 6 ripe peaches
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Set oven to 375F
- Peel and slice the peaches, Toss them with the lemon juice and spread out in an oval gratin style baking dish, or a 9×9 square.
- Mix the almond flour, sugar, almonds, butter and almond extract with your fingers until well mixed and crumbly. Crumble over the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbling and browned on top. Cover with foil halfway through if the top is getting too brown.
- Serve hot with creme fraiche, heavy cream, whipped cream or ice cream.