Click the link below to display this article in simple text:
Can love be measured in numbers? We think so – and we have the evidence to prove it! Comb through our top picks of all-things-love which we have amorously and adoringly broken down into glorious line graphs, statistics and pie charts and see if your results match up with ours. Maybe it will inspire you to come up with your own love-related trivia (like, the pupil of the eye expands as much as 45% when a person looks at something pleasing) or maybe you’ll just enjoy ours. Either way, love doctors rejoice; we’ve got your number!
Best Pick Up Lines:
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- If I told you you have a gorgeous figure would you hold it against me?
- If looks could kill, you would be a weapon of mass-destruction
- I bet my tongue could beat up your tongue
- I have Skittles in my mouth, wanna taste the rainbow?
- Is that a ladder up your stocking or a stairway to heaven?
- My love for you is like diarrhea – I just can’t hold it in.
- I think I need a band aid, because I scraped my knee when I fell for you.
- I don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?
- I’m attracted to you so strongly, scientists will have to develop a fifth fundamental force.
Love Songs through the Years:
- Elvis Presley – Love Me Tender (1956)
- Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody (1965)
- Percy Sledge – When a Man Loves a Woman (1966)
- Elton John – Your Song (1970)
- Paul McCartney – Maybe I’m Amazed (1977)
- Madonna – Crazy for You (1985)
- Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (1991)
- Sarah Mclachlan – I Love You (1997)
- Beyonce featuring Jay-Z – Crazy In Love (2003)
- Bruno Mars – Just the Way You Are (2010)
Most Romantic Poem EVER:
i carry your heart with me
– e.e. cummings
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
Neat Love-related Trivia:
When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
Ancient cultures believed the human soul lived in the heart.
Experts insist that the average person falls in love seven times before marriage.
A lover on the island of Trobriand customarily bites off his lady friend’s eyelashes. He would never take her out to dinner, however, unless they were married. To share a meal with her would disgrace her.
It is a matter of record that romantic Canadian porcupines kiss one another on the lips.
Husbands who kiss their wives before leaving home in the morning have been documented to live five years longer than those who do not.
Hot (Southern) Romantic Getaways:
- Savannah, Georgia
- Charleston, South Carolina
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Key West, Florida
Best Places to Eat as a Couple:
- Olive Garden
- Manuel’s Bread Café
- Bistro 491
- La Maison on Telfair
Most Lovable Couples:
- Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Barbie and Ken
- Ozzy Ozbourne and Sharon
- Kermit and Miss Piggy
- Cliff and Clare Huxtable
- Homer and Marge Simpson
- Honey bunny
- Baby cakes
- Teddy bear
- An Officer and a Gentleman – Classic
- Love Actually – Modern
- P.S. I Love You – Modern
- Braveheart – One For the Guys (Ed’s note: I love this movie and I’m a female!)
- Dirty Dancing – Soooo 80’s
- Gone With the Wind – Classic
- Wall-e – Futuristic
- Moulin Rouge – Modern
- Bridget Jones’ Diary – Modern & Goofy
- Casablanca – Classic