It’s time to put away those cozy blankets because spring has sprung! Instead of throwing your blankets in a closet, create a one of a kind basket all of your friends and family will be envious of! Although the weather outside is warm, the AC is cool!
- Round laundry basket
- 1 jar of paint (Americana Decor Metallics in copper is used in the photo)
- 1 yard felt, fleece or muslin
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Utility knife
- Paint brush
- With your hot glue gun, attach the felt to the base of the laundry basket, folding and gluing pleats as you go.
- Cut off excess material around the side and glue the seam up to the top of the basket. You don’t want to cut off the felt at the top, you’ll use it later.
- Starting at the base of the basket, hot glue the rope and wrap around the entire basket, stopping when the top is tucked just under the lip of the basket.
- Fold the felt back so that it is hanging outside of the basket. Using a utility knife, cut off the top rim/handles of the laundry basket.
- Tuck the material back into the basket and poof! It’s your basket liner!
- Now for best part, the paint! This basket is color block painted with a very subtle ombré, starting by adding a small amount of paint to the paint brush by dipping the brush in the jar and wiping off excess. The color block starts about a quarter of the way down from the top. The main color is dry brushed beginning at that point and working down to the base of the basket.
- After the entire basket is painted, add another coat of paint to the base to build up the color. Then, gradually lighten the brush stroke while working your way up the basket. This will achieve the subtle ombré.